Professionals Granger Clark
Cnr Illawarra Cres North & Alexander Drive Ballajura
08 9249 6888
08 9249 6085Contact us
Situated 15km from the Perth GPO.
Originally named “Alinjarra”, an Aboriginal word for ‘north’ in 1977, this suburb was renamed Alexander Heights in 1987. The name is derived from Alexander Drive, the main arterial road into the area. The road honours S B Alexander, a Road Board Member who was very active in civic affairs.
Situated 14km from the Perth GPO.
Ballajura is the name of the farm originally pioneered by Kerruish and Eaton and was held by Kerruish until his death in 1947. E.M. Kerruish migrated to Australia in 1903. The property was located about 5km south-west of the present suburb. The farm was actually named ‘Ballajora’ after Kerruish’s birth place, a small village on the Isle of Man.
Situated 21km from the Perth GPO.
The suburb is named after the Ellen Brook, a tributary of the Swan River, which forms part of its Eastern boundary. Ellen Brook is named after Ellen Stirling, the wife of the colony’s first Governor, James Stirling.
The suburb of Henley Brook takes its name from one of the earliest named areas in Western Australia. In March 1827, Captain Stirling was exploring the Swan River and when he reached the extremity of navigable water for their long boat, he made a close inspection of the country. Stirling named an area near Upper Swan “Henley Park” and this name was used as a property name in 1830 by W H Mackie and F C Irwin when they settled here. A brook flowing though the property was recorded as Henley Brook in 1842 and this name was approved as the suburb name in 1972.
Situated 19km from Perth GPO.
The suburb of Landsdale was approved in 1980. The name is taken from the main road through the area, Lansdale Road. The origin of the road name is not known, although it appeared on maps of the area as early as 1955.
Situated 15km from Perth GPO.
Marangaroo is an Aboriginal word meaning “blue flowers”. The suburb was named in 1977.
Situated 26km from the Perth GPO.
Formerly a portion of the Ellenbrook locality. “The Vines” began as an estate name which describes the former landuse of the area, ie viticulture.